We would like to remind everyone that, as requested, we have already reopened Monday training for Kindersoccer at the Guadalupe Viejo basketball court, 3:30–5:00 p.m. We hope to see you there tomorrow! The rest of the schedule this week remains unchanged:
- Monday: 3:30–5:00 p.m. at Guadalupe Viejo
- Tuesday: 4:00–6:00 p.m. at Cuenca
- Wednesday: 4:00–6:00 p.m. at BGC
- Thursday: 4:00–6:00 p.m. at Cuenca
- Friday: 4:00–5:30 p.m. at North Forbes
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. at BGC
- Sunday: 8:00–10:00 a.m. at Emperador Stadium
BUWAN NG WIKA CONTEST
Our Buwan ng Wika contest is still ongoing. To win a signed jersey, join our contest by clicking HERE.
We will pick the best answer, and the winner will be announced on August 19, which is the birthday of former president Manuel Quezon, “Ama ng Wikang Pambansa,” who was born on August 19, 1878.FIRST TEAMKaya has made it to the UFL Cup quarterfinals! We will face either Pasargad FC or JP Voltes FC on Friday, August 21, at 5:15 p.m. Come down and support the team at Rizal Memorial Stadium!
For those of you who attended the meeting, you will find more info regarding the Singa Cup for the U12 BOYS (born 2003 or later) below:
- Tournament runs November 2–6 in Singapore (expected departure is on October 30 or 31 depending on cost, availability, etc.).
- We will be staying at Costa Sands Resort (Downtown East): http://www.dresort.com.sg/.
- Minimum of four games per team.
- Depending on our schedule, we may arrive a few days earlier and organize a friendly at the facility.
- Day trips to a local water park have been included; additional excursions will be organized once the schedule is set.
The website is very informative, and the guide can be found at http://www.singacup.com/2015-tournament-guide/.
We anticipate the fee to be between PHP 55,000 and PHP 65,000, depending on the cost of travel. Once we have confirmed numbers, we will get the exact cost, which should be around this figure.
Many of you, we are sure, will have questions, some of which were answered during the meeting. There may be logistical issues that we will need to figure out along the way, but essentially, for now, we need to know who is in. We have to submit our paperwork/deposits by the end of the month, so that gives us two weeks to finalize the 16-man roster (during the meeting, Coach Chris said it was 18; however, we are confirming with the organizer as we believe it is now 16). If your child intends to join the competition, please provide the following:
- Player’s name
- Player’s date of birth
- Will parents/guardians be traveling with us to Singapore?
We will need confirmation of your child’s participation by midday on Monday, August 17. This deadline will be strictly enforced. We will then require a down payment of 50 percent before the end of the month (date TBA) as we have to submit all the documents and payments to the tournament by August 31.If we are oversubscribed for the tournament, the coaching staff will select the best players from the available list of confirmations.If you have any questions (within reason), please let us know. We look forward to a positive response.