- No morning training at Emperador Stadium EXCEPT for girls, U15 and U17 boys, and kindersoccer.
- Nomads Cup for U9, U11, and U13 at Nomads.
NOMADS CUP REMINDERS:
- The tournament is a half-day event.
- Venue http://www.nomadsportsclub.com/contact.php
- U9: arrive at 7:15 a.m. for 8:15 a.m. start
- U11: arrive at 7:45 a.m. for 8:45 a.m. start
- U13: arrive at 12:30 p.m. for 1:30 p.m. start
- All players must remember the following:
- Bring new black jerseys and shorts and wear black (or dark) socks. Bring the old yellow one (if you have it) just in case.
- Boots and shin guards must be worn.
- Bring their session cards as it will be stamped.
- Bring proof of birth (a copy / picture on your phone of passport / birth certificate should suffice).
SUNDAY: 3v3 TOURNAMENT
No training on Sunday—only the 3v3 tournament for those taking part.
We will stagger the groups so 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. will be the U7, U9, U11 age-groups, while 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. will be the U13, U15, and U17 Girls.
Anticipate 15 minutes at the beginning of each session to explain the rules and format to all players, and we expect to start at 8:15 a.m. and 11:15 a.m., respectively.
The rules and format can be found here: http://www.kayafcacademy.com/3v3tournament
Other rules to add:
- Kick-ins on all restarts (no direct shots to goal from outside)
- Foul or handball inside the box (a ten-yard zone marked out by cones) will result in a penalty. Penalties will be a free shot from the half-line
- Substitutes can be made any stoppage, with a maximum of 2 (two) substitutions per 5-minute game.
- In the event of a tie after the group stage, the teams with identical win records will play an additional game, first goal wins.
- In the event of a tie in the semis and final, one 5-minute over-time period will be played, first goal wins. If after 5 minutes there is still no goals, a sudden death shootout will determine the winner.
Medals will be awarded to first, second, and third-placed teams.
All teams when they enter must sign in with our tournament manager, Honeylet at the entrance of the competition. She will hand each team their own ‘Tournament Card’ which they will use to register each win. Do not lose your card!
We encourage all teams to bring lots of fluid as it can get extremely hot on the turf field.
If you have any further questions, please inform Coach Chris; otherwise, we will see you all on Sunday and we look forward to a great day of football.