Here are some important updates for this week:
Chelsea Tournament & Pilipinas Cup
This Saturday, Oct 25th, we will join the Chelsea tournament, which will take place at the blue pitch at the Circuit, Makati.
A separate email will be sent shortly with the players who we will be invited and also the procedure for the day.
We will not be joining the Pilipinas Cup as we had too many conflicts with the holiday, participating school teams, etc. so we have decided that one tournament this weekend would be enough.
This weeks schedule is as follows:
- Monday @ Basement 3 of Power Plant Mall, Rockwell 4–5 p.m., Kindersoccer
- Tuesday @ Cuenca, Alabang, 4–5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: TBC! We may lose the field due to UFL conflict. We will update ASAP.
- Thursday @ Cuenca, Alabang, 4–5:30 p.m.
- Friday @ North Forbes Villages, 4–5:30 p.m.
- Saturday @ Emperador Stadium, McKinley Hill, 8–9:30 a.m. (for those not playing in the Chelsea tournament)
- Sunday @ Emperador Stadium, McKinley Hill, 8–9:30 a.m.
Some of you may have noticed that the format of our training sessions has changed slightly, with the introduction of small-sided games at the beginning of practices to try to maximize the number of touches players have on the ball. This approach is taken at a number of professional academies across the world and will lead to players being more comfortable on the ball and making better decisions when they have it at their feet.
With this in mind, please have the players arrive ON TIME for practice. I can understand when a player perhaps is one or two minutes late for practice, but the whole flow of a session can be stopped when multiple players show up midway through a practice.
That’s all for now. Keep an eye out for the tournament email later today, and if you have any questions, please let me know.